Our Mission Statement
“Metigoshe Ministries is adventure anchored in Christ where people experience and celebrate the gifts of God in a life together.”
Metigoshe Ministries, rooted in the Lutheran tradition, provides:
- Summer Bible camp for elementary youth through college freshmen
- Day camps in area congregations
- Summer Bible camp for campers with developmental and physical disabilities
- Retreats all-year-round for youth, adults, and families
- Facilities for family reunions and plan-your-own retreats
- A high ropes course for team building
In the early 1960’s, area congregations found camping ministry to be invaluable, purchased a peninsula on Lake Metigoshe, and incorporated Metigoshe Ministries. Today, Metigoshe Ministries is owned by over 70 ELCA congregations in north central North Dakota.
Over the years, significant additions and changes, supported by a dedicated constituency of congregations and donors, have grown Metigoshe Ministries into a vibrant year-round ministry.
- In 1972, the Lakeside Christian Center was built.
- In 1981, the camp was moved from Lake Metigoshe to the 268-acre site on Pelican and Sandy Lakes.
- In 1999, the Center of Life addition was constructed between the Christian Center and the Life & Growth building for expanded year-round retreat programming.
- In 2007, construction began and was completed on a replacement for the Lee House. The Lee House served many years as a home for the summer leadership staff.
- In 2008, construction began and was completed on a new high ropes course at Pelican Lake. The course is called “Higher than the Mountains.” The course was built in memory of Jenna Tolstad of Westhope, ND.
Camp Metigoshe is accredited by the American Camp Association. This accreditation is parents’ assurance that Camp Metigoshe is committed to safety and meeting the expectations of camping industry standards.